MSU at a glance
- MSU is a comprehensive university, comprising 17 faculties, 2 colleges, 1 school, and 1 institution.
- MSU has 2 campuses
- MSU offers 178 degree programs: 86 Bachelor’s degree programs, 58 Master’s degree programs and 34 Doctoral degree programs
- MSU has 1,252 academic staff and 2,295 supporting staff.
- In 2015, there are 43,928 students at MSU, including 40,132 undergraduates and 3,796 postgraduates.
- In 2015, MSU has enrolled 157 international students from more than 10 countries across the globe.
- MSU houses more than 30 key units of community involvement and support education.
- In 2015, MSU undertook 111 community engagement projects, and many more to be launched in the following years.
- In 2015, MSU conducted 764 various research projects with a total budget of 94,435,305 THB.
Our Goals & Objectives
GoalsMahasarakham University is strongly determined to seek and accumulate knowledge and wisdom for academic excellence through studies of local wisdom and the integration of universal disciplines for individuals’ intellectual growth and self-development in the aspects of academics, ethics, and morality.
ObjectivesIn accordance with its philosophy, vision, and mission, as well as the national higher educational development plan, Mahasarakham University has set up the following objectives:
- To provide academic services, promoting and developing academic excellence in a wide variety of areas in order to produce and develop quality graduates and human resources;
- To promote research activities for new knowledge, developing Thai wisdom for competitive potential, and strengthening local communities following the philosophy of self-reliant economy and harmonious society;
- To provide educational services and academic development at all levels of society so as to consistently strengthen individuals’ and organizations’ sustainable potentials to create stability for effective self-reliance;
- To accumulate, conserve, and develop local wisdom, creating the body of knowledge in art and culture in order to be a center for as well as a regional leader of knowledge development;
- To manage and develop the university’s administrative system, for efficiency, freedom and flexibility of operation to meet society’s needs.
VisionMahasarakham University is a university that ranks among the nation’s top 10 universities with regard to educational quality and standard, and is recognized as the top ranking community-based university in the Northeastern region.
MissionThe University’s missions include the following:
- Providing education to students and higher professionals, with the aim of improving the quality of graduates to meet the standards and obtain preferable qualifications;
- Creating innovations from research works of high quality in all fields that generate new knowledge to support teaching and learning, academic services, arts and cultural conservation, and appropriate applications;
- Providing academic services to the society and local communities for their sustainable self-reliance;
- Conserving, reviving, protecting, disseminating, and developing Isan arts, culture, and traditions.
|ID||Event Name||Duration||Start Date|
|event-06||UNTA 2016 – TNU & TUAF, Vietnam||2 Days||2016-12-01|